As a premier international law firm, Ropes & Gray strives to attract and retain the best people. One of the ways we achieve this important goal is by offering a compensation and benefits package that is competitive in today’s marketplace.
Associate salaries are competitive with other major firms, and we review the starting salary and the salary scale annually. Our 2013 annual salary for first-year associates is $160,000. Summer Associate pay for the summer of 2013 is $3,100 per week.
At Ropes and Gray we offer an outstanding full range of benefits and programs designed to help you balance your work and family life.
Health, Wellness and Financial Benefits
- Comprehensive insurance program including health, dental, vision, life, accident, disability benefits;
- Health care and dependent care reimbursement accounts; and pre-tax transit and parking program;
- Subsidized health club membership;
- Immediate eligibility to contribute to the 401(k) retirement savings plan;
- No-cost participation in profits from firm-sponsored investment partnership created to invest in and co invest with Ropes & Gray's leveraged buyout, venture capital, and hedge fund clients; and
- Reimbursement for moving, bar exam, and bar review course expenses;
Work Life Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program providing confidential counseling and other services pertaining to family life balance;
- Reduced-time work arrangements; emergency daycare; and nursing mothers' lounge;
- Back-up child care services;
- Four weeks paid vacation per year; and leaves of absence including parental leave; family care leave and medical leave; and
- Same and opposite gender domestic partner benefits eligibility.